In the world of flashlights, Jetbeam has made a name for itself by manufacturing torches which place it in the former category. With its budget line, which includes the Jetbeam BA10 reviewed here, it now has a series of inexpensive products aimed at the more price-conscious customer. This review will attempt to analyse whether ‘budget’ means inferior, value for money or somewhere in between.
+ Ease of use
+ Very sturdy clip
+ Proven winter and waterproof qualities
– Slightly longer than other AA lights
Specifications/Features (taken from the Jetbeam website)
The JETBeam BA10 is powered by a single AA battery or rechargeable cell. I emailed Jetbeam asking if the flashlight could also be powered by a 14500 lithium battery. They replied that this was certainly possible, but it could cause the light to become hot.
- Which 18650 battery is your BEST choice for led flashlight?
- Recommending The Best Tactical Flashlights for your choice
The Jetbeam BA10 has the following dimensions:
- Length: 10.5cm (4.13inches)
- Width: 2.3cm (0.91inches)
- Weight (without battery): 60g (2.11oz)
The light also has the following features:
- LED: XP-G R5
- Lens: scratch-resistant mineral glass
- Material: aero-grade aluminium
- Finish: type III hard anodised
- Water-resistance: IPX-8 (submersible to 2 meters)
- Impact resistance: 1.5 meters
The JETBeam BA10 came in a cardboard packaging and included a lanyard, a rubber switch cap, two spare o-rings and a manual. [Read more…]